GCOM makes outcome-driven government a reality by helping our customers reimagine what’s possible with technology. We develop and deliver technology solutions to state and local government, but we’re more than IT services company -- we’re an outcomes company. We don’t just build systems -- we build pathways to deliver a better future for our communities.
We are proud to do work that matters and are on a mission to help state and local governments improve population wellbeing, create safer, more equitable communities, and foster a thriving economy.
We’re a diverse team of former public servants, mission-oriented technologists, and industry thought leaders. We encourage our employees to think differently, ask tough questions, and relentlessly pursue what’s best for our customers and the residents they serve.
We believe that the value of technology is defined by its human impact. If you agree, you’ve come to the right place.
GCOM is looking for candidates, to fill a role of Data/AWS Architect to join our innovative Data Analytics/Qlarion Team located in Richmond, VA.
- Work directly with clients to understand their business and translate that understanding into valuable analytical assets that improve operations and make an impact in the community.
- Demonstrate your passion for data and desire for continuous education and growth.
- Use your business acumen and functional skills and a desire to communicate your ideas and work directly with clients.
- Work with data and analytics by understanding and refining it through adept perception of their client’s business.
- Translating valuable data and analytical assets that improve a client’s ability to meet their mission and better serve the public.
- Our U.S. Govt. clients contractually require us to hire ONLY U.S. Citizens or Green Card Holders for their projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (Master’s degree a plus)
- Minimum of 10 years in data management (e.g., ETL, data quality, MDM)
- Minimum of 8 years in enterprise data modeling related to analytics or business intelligence projects
- Experience with working in a AWS cloud environment a must.
- Any AWS related certification a plus (e.g., Aws Cloud Practitioner, AWS Architect- Associate, AWS Architect- Professional)
- Experience in data warehousing, business intelligence and data visualization a plus
- Several projects developing and architecting analytical solutions from scratch.
- Technical Team Lead experience, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Very proficient with data and process modeling tools
- Able to create and understand reference models
- Experience with Tableau or Qlik a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills and client management experience
- Human services and/or healthcare experience a plus
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives, handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- Must have a strong ability and desire to assimilate and apply knowledge as well as to spread acquired knowledge and experience to other team members
If you think you are a good fit for us, we encourage you to apply. Check out our new career website for all open positions!
GCOM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status or domestic violence victim status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment and hiring, job assignment/placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, rates of pay or other compensation, internship, and training.