Tesla is looking for an individual experienced with Quality Systems and Analytics to contribute to the Cell Manufacturing team at Gigafactory Texas. As a Data Analyst, you will support a world-class manufacturing program from the ground up. You will leverage your experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems to perform advanced analytics, developing predictive models and making data applications that enable cross functional teams to leverage a wealth of manufacturing, equipment, and controls data both efficiently and effectively. Candidate will have experience working with large data sets, finding best ways to engineer the data to help create critical KPI metrics, building innovative visualizations and dashboards all the while keeping in mind what improvements can be driven in underlying data systems. In this role, you will work within the Quality Systems organization providing support to Production, Engineering, and Quality Operations teams.
- Analyze manufacturing, equipment, and quality data and extract useful statistics and insights about failures in order to drive meaningful improvements to production quality and customer experience
- Work effectively with engineers and conduct end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to data processing and modeling
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports
- Identify data sources where the potential value is not fully realized and invent new means with which to interact and gather insights from them
- Monitor key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and depict the story via dashboards and reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Maintain existing data visualizations and dashboard enhancement requests
- Drive underlying data systems improvement by working with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Perform data quality validations to ensure data creation is as per the business needs and expectations
- Work closely with Controls, Process, and Quality Engineers to develop and improve data collection activities and reporting tools within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree or higher in quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Advanced abilities with Excel and SQL queries
- Basic Python scripting
- Data visualization veteran, familiar with tools and techniques such as Superset, Plotly, Tableau, Power BI
- Familiarity/understanding of APIs
- Strong analytical skills with ability to combine and find patterns across multiple datasets
- Strong attention to details and data accuracy
- Data mining and database (e.g. MySQL) experience
- Data visualization experience (Tableau)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.