Montgomery County Government seeks an advanced level professional to perform Senior Information Technology Specialist work for the Department of Correction and Rehabilitation (DOCR). The core duties involve software development and application support, system administration, web site development, creation of technical training documents, end-user applications training and applications/systems support to DOCR staff who are spread over three office locations. The positions will require work schedule flexibility including some after-hours work, if necessary, to meet operational or customer requirements.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Leading technical project teams involved in developing major applications and systems through all phases of the development of life cycle activities designing, testing, implementing, and maintaining applications. Consult with customers about data requirements.
- Extraction and Analysis of data from the Criminal Justice Applications Systems to meet statistical and operational requirements and data request.
- Development and maintenance of reports for DOCR, County Public Safety Agencies; County Police, Sheriff Office, State Attorney’s Office, County Health and Human Services, Public Defender Office, and State of Maryland Circuit/District Court system.
- Troubleshooting and performing technical analysis to resolve issues and streamlining operations. Performing technical analysis on non-standard issues identified by end users and to streamline operations in DOCR.
- Providing specifications for the development of program code for new applications or to make modifications or solve operating issues or problem to include the writing, testing, documentation, and installation of program code.
- System Administration on Correction and Rehabilitation Information Management System, Criminal Justice Case Management System, Jail Management System, Kronos Telestaff System, In-House Systems, etc.
- Ability to lift boxed containing computer support items and equipment such as printers, computers, modems and monitors up to 50 pounds.
Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 am. Telework opportunity available.
A competitive benefits package is provided (copy and paste this link into new window, and click on Total Rewards tab to view):
Prior to a promotional appointment within DOCR, the selected individual must answer the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) questions and submit to a criminal history to comply with the Prevention Planning on Hiring and Promotion Decisions (115.17, 115.117, 115.217, 115.317). This is a requirement to meet Federal law and audit standards.