Tesla is seeking a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable Data Analyst to support Global and Regional Distribution Center operations. You will work cross-functionally with Global Supply Chain, Logistics, Material Planning, Service, Finance, Quality and Facilities to collect, measure, visualize and interpret data; to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize the Distribution Center’s operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources (including data from 3rd Party partner’s systems) and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Uses data patterns and trends to root cause operational gaps and inefficiency, develop solutions in collaboration with operations teams.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with Distribution Center and Supply Chain leadership to prioritize business and information needs.
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities.
- 3+ years working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Initiative to gain and implement a broad knowledge of warehousing and supply chain best practices.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related field.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.