U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
U.S. News & World Report is looking for an analyst to join its business intelligence team. This role will be involved with helping stakeholders from across the company make critical business decisions related to our continually growing website and product launches.
- Use web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Google Ad Manager, etc.) to gather data, analyze it, and develop actionable insights and recommendations.
- Create and maintain automated KPI reports for stakeholders to view daily, weekly, monthly
- Create visualizations and dashboards that provide connections between web engagement, page speed and revenue
- Work with data architects to implement new dashboards that pull data from various sources (including BigQuery)
- Partner with technical teams to appropriately tag the website (metadata and event tracking)
- Take ownership over web analytics and documentation. Continually QA and update tracking systems as needed to make sure we are measuring our audience accurately and in ways that help drive smart business decisions.
- Audit, investigate, and resolve any tracking issues with external partners
- 3 years of Business Intelligence or Digital Analytics experience
- Experience using a visualization tool such as Data Studio, Looker, etc.
- Able to translate business requirements into technical solutions for tracking using Google Analytics or other Digital Analytics tool
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.) and SQL
- Able to change priorities fast
- Comfortable working with different departments and collaborating with developers
- Experience in Excel (pivot tables, index match, sumifs, etc.)
- Knowledge of Tag Managers, preferably Tealium
- Experience with page speed reporting tools
- Knowledge of a JIRA to manage technical projects
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.