Enterprise is a national nonprofit that exists to make a good home possible for the millions of families without one. We support community development organizations on the ground, aggregate and invest capital for impact, advance housing policy at every level of government, and build and manage communities ourselves. Since 1982, we have invested $54 billion and created 873,000 homes across all 50 states - all to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging.
Join us at enterprisecommunity.org.
Working at Enterprise
At Enterprise, you'll be part of a diverse, committed team making a difference every day. You will collaborate with some of the smartest minds and biggest hearts in our field. You'll be empowered to drive systems change and take bold steps to advance racial equity. And you will find a career home where you're valued and supported in your growth journey.
Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with anexceptional benefits package.
Job Description Summary
The Data Analytics and Reporting (DAR) team at Enterprise helps more efficiently and effectively achieve our mission by driving the organization's data strategy, analyzing and reporting on organizational performance, and partnering with our IT department to strengthen our internal data systems.
We are hiring a Data Analyst to wrangle and analyze key organizational data, develop dashboards and KPIs for reporting, and help deliver value and insights for our organization and business leaders. This is a high visibility role on a small team, reporting to and working closely with the Sr. Director for Data Analytics and Reporting under the office of the Chief Operating Officer.
The Data Analyst must have proven experience in performance reporting, business intelligence, or data analytics. They must have strong teamwork and communication skills, be excited about learning and problem-solving, and have a passion for social justice.
We recognize diversity as a driving force that allows us to further our goal of building stronger communities, ending housing insecurity, and lifting individuals out of poverty. We believe an inclusive environment broadens our perspective, enabling us to better support the communities we serve, and makes for a richer, more dynamic place to work every day.
- Work closely with other members of the data team to produce and maintain business operations and impact dashboards for the organizations' leadership and Board.
- Help develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Enterprise programs and initiatives and support ongoing data tracking and performance measurement.
- Clean and analyze Enterprise business and performance data, utilizing key public datasets from the U.S. Census Bureau data (ACS, PUMS), U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development data (CHAS, AHS, Picture of Subsidized Households), and others.
- Interpret results and effectively communicate data insights through visualizations, interactive dashboards & maps, and executive reports.
- Work closely with our Sr. Data Engineer to automate data processes, set up data flows and APIs, and collaborate on code (in Python, R, SQL and/or DAX).
- Develop expert knowledge of Enterprise business operations and data assets.
- Perform quality assurance reviews, follow all data privacy & security protocols, and maintain thorough project documentation to support the department's overall commitment to accuracy and transparency.
- 3+ years of professional experience preferred using data to inform strategies, business decisions, and/or policy (Master's degree equivalent to two years of experience).
- Educational background in business analytics, business intelligence, evaluation, data science, data systems, nonprofit management, or related fields.
- Proficiency with standard statistical methods and languages (such as Python, R, SAS) and data visualization and mapping platforms (such as PowerBI, Tableau, ArcGIS)
- Familiarity with CRM platforms (such as Salesforce) and/or SQL databases
- Experience working in a mission-driven organization or familiarity with issues in community development, housing policy, urban economics, demographics and/or real estate development, preferred.
- Knowledge of demographic data and measurement techniques from the Census, HUD, and other common sources.
- Experience visually representing data and producing interactive data tools or reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in translating data for non-technical audiences.
- Adaptable and collaborative, with an ability to relate well to others.
- Experience working with diverse, multi-functional teams, virtually or in-person.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Ability to successfully work on multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Curiosity, desire for self-improvement, passion for social equity, and excitement about sharing new skills and knowledge.