IDentrix/Endera provides a first-of-a-kind continuous insider-risk monitoring, assessment and management platform, helping enterprises detect, anticipate and prevent or reduce workplace risk of fraud, theft, violence or catastrophic accidents in a variety of industries.
The Data Analyst position offers a unique opportunity with a financially-sound spin-off company, which provides competitive compensation, fast growth opportunities, and an entrepreneurial drive to innovate.
The successful candidate will be passionate and creative about analyzing very-large data sources, solving complex analytics and data problems, and supporting the implementation of data driven models to continuously improve products and results for our clients.
The position requires experience in the entire data life cycle of large and varied datasets, from collection to exploratory analysis, treatment, interpretation, data mining techniques, statistical analysis and reporting, and effective presentation of results, including visualization.
- Evaluate quality and coverage of data from different sources/ providers; explore and identify potential new sources for higher quality data.
- Review and analyze data, to evaluate and improve data quality, content, completeness and relevance; use appropriate ETL tools to treat, transform and connect data as needed.
- Analyze data related to the same individuals and events over time and identify correlations, clusters and time-series properties of related events.
- Prepare pooled data and assist in constructing attributes to be used as key leading indicators of risk and for predictive models, such as risk scorecards.
- Support the development of predictive models, to predict behavioral risks of clients’ employees.
- Work together with IT engineers to support dataset implementations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s (Master's preferred) degree in a highly-relevant analytical or technical field, such as data analytics, data science, computer science, information systems, operations research, statistics.
- Minimum 5 years (4 with Master’s degree) of work experience in a highly analytical, quantitative, data-driven environment, with proven success in solving complex analytical and technical problems.
- Comfort with manipulating and analyzing very large data from sources of varying data types, formats, quality and completeness; data mining expertise.
- Significant experience with statistical data analysis and strong skills in a supportive software (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB).
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Relational (SQL) and NoSQL (e.g., Mongo) databases
- Visualization tools
- Text mining and analytics, natural language processing (not required, but highly desired)
- Familiarity with a modern programming language (e.g., Java, C++, Python, Perl)
- Highly desired: experience in predictive modeling and scorecard development based on very large data.
- Desired: cybersecurity training or experience.
Important Personal Traits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Natural curiosity and interest in learning
- Being results-driven and a team player
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced environment and prioritize work based on objectives and changing milestones and deadlines.