Economic Systems Inc. (EconSys) is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a Software Developer to join our team in Falls Church, VA. The Software Developer will help make a significant impact on our continuous efforts to build on our Human Resources Management enterprise system. Our cloud application enterprise system is FedRAMP program accredited.
EconSys is celebrating almost 30 years in business and is continuing to have explosive growth! Our office is expanding, our customer numbers have increased, and you’ll find our products and services used by over 100 Federal agencies. With this increased business, we need help providing our Government customers with the best services and tools.
- Writes highly optimized Java and SQL to contribute to the development of the application
- Assists in debugging critical issues affecting customers and communicates status to the support team
- Provides guidance to junior developers
- Documents code
- Performs code reviews to check for code optimization, code style, and enforce test-driven development methodologies
- Assists in evaluating new software development frameworks and technologies
- US Citizenship (minimum requirement for client issued Public Trust)
- Able to obtain Public Trust (pass required credit and background check)
- 5+ years of working experience as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- Strong knowledge of software development using Java and Spring
- Able to create automated test scripts for functionality
- Expertise in HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of building API, web services, RESTful, and Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of Oracle database architecture with proficiency in SQL
- Able to work independently
- Handling live issues
- Writing JUnit tests
- Building automation using tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, or others
- Utilize Linux Administration, Splunk, Apache, Kafka, Puppet, Tomcat, or OSSEC
- Knowledge using Python, Scala, Ruby on Rails
- Includes competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, 401k matching, life insurance, health, vision, and dental benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.