The Quality Team at Gigafactory Nevada is looking for a Data Scientist to support Quality Engineering intiatives on site at Gigafactory.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze manufacturing, equipment and vehicle data and extract useful statistics and insights about failures in order to drive meaningful improvements to production quality and customer experience
- Work effectively with engineers and conduct end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to data processing and modeling
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Monitor key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and depict the story via dashboards and reports
- Maintain existing data visualizations, data pipelines and dashboard enhancement requests
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automate analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL and Python based ETL framework
- Drive underlying data systems improvement by working with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Perform data quality validations to ensure data creation is as per the business needs and expectations
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
What You’ll Bring
- Extensive experience writing software with Python
- Experience with multiple data architecture paradigms (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Kafka, Spark)
- Knowledge of various data communication protocols (e.g. REST API, Websockets)
- Able to work under pressure while collaborating and managing competing demands with tight deadlines
- A passion and curiosity for data and data-driven decision making
- Experience with open source machine learning libraries and frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration pipelines (Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes)
- Drive to introduce a predictive model to a production environment
- Success building and tuning image classification models
- MS in engineering, physics, mathematics, or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience.
- Have high attention to details.
- Be a team player and have the ability to collaborate well across diverse functional groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to manage and communicate the health and integrity of the data and systems.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program