Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is looking for a hard-working individual who is passionate about implementing and operating analytical solutions that have direct, measurable impact to Apple and its customers.
As a CV/ML data scientist on the SDS team, you will build end-to-end solutions for preventing fraud, waste, and abuse while safeguarding the customer experience. The day-to-day work consists of identifying new fraud leads by connecting different data sources together; working with a team of annotators to curate a labeled image dataset; building computer vision pipelines or training ConvNet models; deploying the analytic product into a real-time decisioning platform; and ensuring ongoing operational excellence by monitoring and making operational adjustments. The adversarial nature of fraud and the large scale of the business make for exciting challenges. On this team, we apply a variety of data science approaches towards the mitigation of fraud!
- Practical experience and theoretical understanding of computer vision methods (e.g., local feature matching) or deep learning models (e.g., CNN)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to distill complex ideas into concise business-focused messages
- Ability to code and debug in a general programming language such as Python or Java
- Ability to extract business insights from data and identify the stories behind the patterns
- Ability to navigate complex systems spanning toolchains and teams
- Experience with a data query language (e.g., SQL)
- Translate business needs into technical solutions. Work with program managers, data scientists, and business partners to incorporate analytic solutions into business processes
- Explore tabular and image datasets to identify patterns of fraudulent behavior
- Move quickly to combat adversarial attacks by developing and deploying updated models
- Analyze data and communicate findings to audiences with various technical backgrounds (e.g., engineers, program managers, and executives)
- Coordinate with engineers and system administrators to deploy analytics to a real-time decisioning platform
- Identify and implement new data science tools to complement the existing capabilities of the team
Education & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Engineering, or other technical field with experience in computer vision or machine learning
- or equivalent 2 years of proven experience
To learn more about opportunities at Apple, visit http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.