lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The People Enablement Technology team is committed to enabling seamless, best in class experiences for our global workforce. The Data & Analytics Pillar is a newly formed team, focused on automating our core health & wealth, offerings, enabling the power of analytics as well as working across the organization to enable efforts driven by the People Systems, Talent Enablement, and Workforce Agility pillars. The Senior Engineer is passionate about all the things that data can unlock for the business and our people.
A day in the life
- Mentors & leads a team of junior multi-discipline engineers with an eye towards cross-domain training and resource planning
- Drives end to end design, implementation, and delivery of engineering components for Employee Data as a Service, including building scalable data pipelines
- Works with business and systems analysts to understand end-user requirements and translate those into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Collaborates with multiple data source teams in getting data published to Snowflake Data Exchange and getting the same into future state lakehouse architecture
- Engages in ongoing quality and performance improvement to ensure reliability and data security
- Participates in code reviews to ensure quality, coaching as necessary
- Supports key initiatives, both in terms of delivery and in a consulting capacity
- Works in an agile environment, contributing to story sizing and reviews user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage
- Works closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend and operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented, secure and resilient.
- Collaborates with the engineering teams (onshore and offshore) to deliver on integration projects
- Designs for release and configuration management.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving production system issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Statistics or similar
- 7+ years' experience in a mix of enterprise systems design, implementation, and support
- 5+ years’ experience as a software developer in the BI space
- Experience (min) with Snowflake, Kafka, Databricks, and/or Lakehouse architecture strongly desired
- Experience with multi-workstream data migrations, technology sunset initiatives and future state data architecture
- Comfortable working in complex and large-scale production environments
- Deep understanding of how to apply data privacy to the full data lifecycle
- Familiarly with building and understanding data models and data warehouses highly desired
- Good understanding of modern distributed, micro-services architectures.
- Comfortable coaching & mentoring a team of junior engineers charged with delivering on cross-functional work
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits Package
For Washington Applicants: lululemon’s compensation offerings are rooted in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position in Washington is from $132,200-$173,500 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our competitive Total Rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.