5,000 Sign on Bonus
Community Care of North Carolina, an organization focused on delivering patient-focused, doctor-driven, community-based, and cost-effective care to improve the health of North Carolina, is looking for a highly skilled Senior Data Analyst on its Data and Analytics team to provide reporting, analysis, and support to our excellent healthcare quality and data ingestion processes. This position will support multiple initiatives to ensure the ongoing care of the Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial populations in North Carolina.
- Analytics expert on claims, enrollment, quality, and other data for Medicare and private payers.
- Collaborate with Data Modelers and ETL teams to facilitate the onboarding and proper storage of claims data from new payers.
- Quality Control of key business data related to claims, enrollment, and quality data as represented in a relational database as keys and code sets.
- Build and maintain datasets, tables, and views within SQL server environment that will be used by applications, analysts, and program leads to deliver program goals.
- Maintain and document code to create quality measures and be able to analyze what data components are needed to support customers that develop and evaluate health care programs.
- Use Tableau to analyze changes in performance metrics, cost, and utilization over time to help clinicians and program leads understand trends and draw actionable insights from results.
- Partner with customers and users to design and deliver data elements, reporting, and insights that meet their clinical needs to improve health delivery.
- Take initiative and lead own projects while supporting ad-hocs and smaller asks.
- Provide training and consultation to other Analysts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare claims data, preferably in a multi-payer environment. Experience with Medicare and / or Medicaid data strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases.
- Experience querying against multiple data sources. Has a strong understanding of data and how data relates to business needs. Has ability to recognize trends in data and relationships to business questions.
- Experience in developing pertinent, actionable reporting and/or dashboards.
- Ability to work with non-technical customers, interpreting their needs into requirements and helping them to understand analytic results.
- Must be able to work independently while being accountable to a team of technical and clinical experts.
- Must be comfortable taking ownership for problems outside of a single project.
- Ability to organize and follow detailed technical procedures and specification documents.
- Experience with SQL, Tableau or other BI visualization tools, and SAS or SAS equivalent.
- The ability to summarize data and results verbally, graphically, and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Independence, initiative, resourcefulness, and an attitude of teamwork and service.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a four-year degree in science, statistics, health related, or quantitative field with a strong quantitative and analytical background.
- At least five years of relevant work experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position and are not to be construed as an all-inclusive list of duties, skills and responsibilities. In signing this job description, I confirm that I understand and am able to fulfill the terms of the position as set forth above.