Apple’s Wallet and Payments team is looking for a dynamic project manager to help build services that millions of customers use every day. Join our exciting and fast-paced engineering organization where we challenge the landscape through innovation, secure customer enablement, and privacy.
As a program manager on our team, you will be responsible for running large scale infrastructure projects by identifying deliverables, managing risk and improving our processes while working towards successful outcomes. If you love non-routine work that requires social intelligence, critical thinking, and creative problem solving, we’d love to hear from you!
- Self-starter with 4+ years of previous experience in Infrastructure, with primary focus on Cloud Engineering
- Solid project management, organizational skills, technical competence, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow through deadlines/projects simultaneously under minimal supervision
- Strong experience handling large scale Infrastructure and Platform projects involving cloud solutions, data center operation, infrastructure upgrades.
- Experience in Application integration preferred
- Exposure to security and compliance areas would be a plus
- Experience at prioritizing features, and building technical roadmaps
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and facilitation skills coupled with good business insight.
- Outstanding business communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written and spoken communication. Comfortable engaging with all levels of the business using clear, concise presentation skills delivering POC’s, presentations and architectural overviews.
- Fundamental understanding of networking and traffic management components
In this exciting role, you will lead infrastructure efforts to support features on Apple’s Wallet and Payments services. These will be cross functional efforts with project teams comprised of individuals from software development, cloud engineering, data services, systems engineering, network, tooling, monitoring, & capacity planning background.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Have a broad organizational perspective to effectively facilitate strategic plans for new projects.
- Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects
- Lead all aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope and definition
- Work through financial, capacity and resource constraints while successfully completing projects in the approved timelines.
- Lead multiple cross-functional projects by providing project leadership and daily management through project life cycle
- Manage & report progress to partners, calling out any issues in a timely manner.
- Initiate corrective actions where necessary to keep the project on track.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various partner groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated
- Navigate and complete tasks in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions
Education & Experience
Degree in computer science, related field or equivalent work experience along with training in project management preferred.