We are looking for an ambitious and innately curious person to be our Sr. Technical Program Manager for Deep Learning Software! You will work with engineering and product leaders on planning and execution of large-scale programs to develop and publish software for training and inference applications using various types of neural networks. You will drive the development process and coordinate work between multiple organizations, customers, and researchers. Your work will enable NVIDIA’s customers to employ industry leading AI and ML in their products, spanning almost every possible industry.
What you'll be doing:
- Define and drive process within the fast paced field of machine learning and deep learning. Develop critical metrics, program schedules to measure release health, predictability, and achievements
- Identify failures, lead retrospective analysis, and help to develop improvement action plans
- Lead and be viewed as a leader with the right balance of both technical and leadership skills. Work closely with engineers on architectural discussions and challenge the design choices that they make
- Drive standard processes for Software Engineering and persuade multiple business units of the advantages of each area of improvement. Anticipate risks and develop risk management solutions as appropriate
- Regularly communicate program status and key issues to senior management at NVIDIA
- Build high level understanding of products, projects and goals and highlight domain specific / new market application possibilities
- Coordinate efforts between development teams, product managers and solution architects
- Work with development teams on test plans, execution, reviews, failure analysis and assessing overall quality and risk. Work with customer PMs on software issues including technical feedback from OEMs and CSPs. Develop key KPIs to track execution and deploy process improvements to improve efficiency
What we need to see:
- Strong technical background. Previous work experience as a software engineer, data scientist or a software QA engineer with hands-on experience developing and testing code
- Relevant work experience in technical fast paced program, project or product management role. Proven experience leadin global projects and readiness to work flexibly in multiple time zones
- Strong communication and effective presentation skills with a proven track record to articulate a value proposition to technical and non-technical audiences
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field desired (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years programming experience using any modern programming language
- Experience and good understanding of software engineering principles and quality requirements in enterprise systems environments
- Ability to multitask, quickly switch context, and be thorough. Experience influencing decisions and leading teams in a matrix environment
- Enthusiastic, proactive, responsive and passionate about finding opportunities for productive change and improvement in software engineering and release management
- Ability to think strategically and tactically and to build consensus to make programs successful. Strong problem solving skills, consistently successful implementing systematic solutions
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Technical background with machine learning, deep learning, open source software, and/or GPU technology using APIs such as CUDA, Tensorflow or Pytorch
- First-hand experience with software engineering and enterprise system architecture at scale.
- Previous experience with productizing enterprise server system and coordinating activities between HW / SW organizations
- Experience with Open Source (Python, Tensorflow, notebooks) and 3rd Party Open Source SW suites such as Black Duck or Palamida
- Background in driving process and measuring for efficiency and effectiveness. Previous experience with agile methodologies ( Scrum, Safe, Less, Business agility )
- Previous experiences in IS026262 and ASPICE Standards
- Natural inclination to improve what we build and how we build it
- Driven to constantly improve the product from the customer experience side, replicating and testing customer scenarios to spot-check our products before actually shipping them to QA or our customers.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers, constantly striving to redefine the limits of technology. We have some of the most forward-thinking and dedicated people in the world working for us. If you're creative and passionate about developing AI/ML solutions to solve some of humanity’s greatest problems, we want to hear from you!
The base salary range is $180,000 - $287,500. Your base salary will be determined based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in similar positions.
You will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.