The Quality Data Engineer will translate business process needs into software design requirements, prioritize multiple projects across all departments and systems and work closely with quality team stakeholders. We are looking for a strong engineer who can proactively identify improvement opportunities (potential gaps between process and system) across all business functions, developing tools that allow for visibility into process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. This individual will be the business point of contact for users for day to day queries and adoption and be responsible for monitoring the health of the system and data quality.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other sites/teams to drive towards common solutions which will become Tesla's "best practices"
- Identify gaps in quality system specific their factory.
- Where best practices exist, implement
- Where best practices do not exist; develop, document and implement
- Participate in internal auditing to monitor progress towards goals
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, other related engineering background or evidence of exceptional experience in related fields: business process analysis, process & procedural design
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or quality system role
- Understanding of software and database design in order to work closely with a development team to translate business needs into software solutions
- Preferred: Knowledge of quality system industry standards including ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and AIAG
- Preferred: Certification in Lean Six Sigma
- Preferred: Data mining and database (e.g. MySQL) experience
- Preferred: Data visualization experience (Tableau Preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program