This role will focus on research and analysis of adversaries targeting Tesla and the broader industry. This individual will contribute to data collection and analysis efforts, threat hunting, and collaboration with partner teams to analyze attacks and implement proactive countermeasures within Tesla.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, document and monitor tactics, techniques and procedures used by threat actors targeting Tesla and the broader industry
- Collaborate with partner teams to architect and maintain systems supporting collection, processing and analysis of raw intelligence and data
- Identify and track adversary infrastructure and tools by leveraging open source and commercial datasets
- Dissect and analyze malware samples, hacking tools, phishing kits, network packet captures, exploits and network infrastructure associated with adversaries to document and perform hunts for related activity
- Conduct deep-dive analysis on attacks and share actionable data with partner teams
- Collaborate with partner teams to build and implement countermeasures to protect Tesla infrastructure and customers
What You’ll Bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Knowledge of security systems and deep understanding the life cycle of network attacks, threats, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation
- Experience with manual analysis of malware, phishing kits, network captures, exploits etc.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages - Python, Ruby, Go
- Experience writing rules and signatures using frameworks such as YARA, Snort, and Sigma Experience using platforms like ELK or Splunk
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program