lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The Distribution and Fulfillment Technology team passionately understands and addresses the needs of our 3PL and Distribution systems, delivering dedicated support and continuous improvements. The individual in this role will relentlessly focus on the Warehouse Management System, propels both our guest experiences and is at the heart of technological advancements within Lululemon’s warehouses.
As an integral member of a caring team that realizes how we get there is just as important as the outcome, this individual will support the heart of our company - our second largest labor force! Embracing this pivotal role means fostering to drive collaborative environment where warehouse stability, operational efficiency, and our guest experience.
a day in the life
- Joins us in creating a world-class support team that consistently delivers best-in-class services dedicated to supporting our growth and enhancing guest experiences through enablement of our distribution technology.
- Actively participates using critical thinking and collaboration for solution and design conversations, keenly understanding the nuances of process, data, and system flows.
- Proficient in articulating complex systems-thinking to a diverse range of groups within our community, ensuring everyone feels included and informed. Ability to drive partnerships with fellow team members, sharing knowledge, documentation, and aligning on innovative solutions
- Offers deep technical knowledge and support, acting as a subject matter expert during moments of challenging technical issues.
- During critical severity issues, takes on incident management responsibility, providing technical ownership and steering the situation towards resolution.
- Champions best practices around data standards, policies, and procedures, ensuring we maintain our reputation for quality. Openness to learning demonstrating curiosity and ability to grow adaptive skills in the workplace.
- Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent professional experience, particularly with Manhattan warehouse management systems, ideally WMOS.
- Interest to learn or familiarity with distribution center innovations, including warehouse control systems (WCS), material handling equipment (MHE), Putwalls, Autobaggers, and similar technologies.
- 3+ years of proficiency with SQL or academic equivalent.
- Comprehensive understanding of software development methodologies and project life cycles.
- Collaborative team member with outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Proven creativity in enhancing products and refining processes.
- Independent thinker who can make informed decisions, but also recognizes when to seek expert advice.
- Stellar communication and interpersonal prowess, with a demonstrated ability to thrive under challenging situations.
- Openness to travel to other warehouse locations as required.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $114,100-$149,700 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
Additional Notes: Immigration support is potentially available for this role.
Workplace arrangement: This role is classified as In-Person under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-Person: In-person collaboration and/or office-based work is necessary or important for the role. Work is mainly performed onsite, 4-5 days per week depending on role requirements.